Cookies - Learn From Short Story #18


One day, while my friend and I were traveling through Germany, we were very hungry but we didn't have a lot of money. We decided to stop at a village market to get a few groceries. I chose some cookies and went to the front counter to pay. Near the counter I saw some packaged cookies in a large bin. They looked good and were a lot cheaper than the ones I had in my hand, so I took them instead.

We left the store and looked for a place where we could eat. We found a quiet place under a tree and we ate our sandwiches first, and then the cookies. We thought they were great.

"Let's get these again," I said. "They're cheap and they really taste good."
My friend can read some German, but I can't, so I gave her the package so she could look for the brand name. She looked at it and then started to laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked.
"Because they're dog biscuits!" she said

Comments